Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trip to Iowa and other stuff

I flew up to Iowa the weekend of August 15 and had fun spending time with family and friends. Mom and Isaac came to pick me up at the air port and we went out for lunch together. We enjoyed a delicious meal from Olive Garden. The next day Jonny took me to the state fair and we saw a lot of stuff. Pictures are below of the fair. I also went to my cousin, Stacia's wedding. The reception was a fun time with dancing and great food. They had a cake buffet at the reception that was so cool. They had all different types of cakes made, from a tradition 3 tiered wedding cake to strawberry, angel food, german chocolate, carmel, and the list goes on. Everyone loved it!

From the Iowa State Fair:
The butter astronaut
The famous butter cow
A butter TV
Jon and I posing for a picture
And this is what you call a chicken lip...it's a huge chicken finger put on a stick dipped in hot wing sauce. YUMMMM!!
This pumpkin won second place in the largest pumpkin contest
Flying back to TX, landing in Atlanta, GA to catch connecting flight. Thanks to a tropical storm, the weather was just lovely.
When I got back to Texas, work started the next day. We had several meetings and so that meant lunch out everyday with my team! We went to a great BBQ place that Nick and I like, only to find this sign that said, " Thank you! Guy Fieri and Crew of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." They came and flimed in July while we were on vacation and didn't know about it. It is suppose to air sometime this fall. I've got the DVR set to record all the new episodes of that show. Nick and I love watching that show anyway so we are excited to see them talk about T-Bone Tom's! T-Bone Tom's actually was flooded by Hurricane Ike and they have a water line inside and it was taller than me! They came back quickly though and are booming again.

0 comments: